Small group tour to Pienza and Montepulciano
A full day tour immersed in a picture-perfect paradise! Meander through the rolling hills and discover the countryside villages of Pienza and Montepulciano!
Meet your tour guide at the easy-to-find San Domenico Basilica of Siena in the morning, and discover the most beautiful routes in Tuscany as we leave Siena and head into the countryside. Along the way, enjoy some short stops for plenty of photos. Our first stop will be either a charming, tourist-free hamlet, or a monastery of Benedictine monks in the Val d’Orcia, a UNESCO World Heritage site. This is home to some of the most famous views in Tuscany.
Next, we will arrive in the town of Pienza, reminiscent of the Renaissance period. This town was among the first to be planned by the significant architects and artists of that period. Take the time to see the Romanesque Corsignano Church, or enjoy some retail therapy and take in the picturesque avenues of this tiny village.
Next, we will head to a regional dairy farm. Enjoy a delicious and inspirational lunch of fresh foods directly from the land of Tuscany. It is the perfect opportunity to learn about the cheese manufacturing process, animals on the farm, and the local way of life. Weather-dependent, we will dine and enjoy lunch on the terrace which provides stunning views.
Afterwards, we will visit the famous town of Montepulciano. The guide will lead you on a short tour of the town. Discover the town’s Renaissance architecture, influenced by both Siena and Florence. Explore Piazza Grande, the town’s main square, and admire the unmatched views.
There is no better way to spend a day in the Tuscan countryside!
- Journey by fully-fitted minibus
- Professional driver/tour leader
- Free time in Pienza and Montepulciano
- Lunch served at a dairy farm
- Cheese tasting in Pienza
- Nobile di Montepulciano wine tasting
- Visit to historical wine cellars
IN FRONT OF SAN DOMENICO'S CHURCH - SIENA
Piazza San Domenico, 1
NOTES AND ADVICE
- Occasionally, because of accessibility or a spur of the moment change of plans, the day’s agenda may differ slightly. If such a situation does arise, the excursion will be somewhat adjusted. Nevertheless, the tour will remain much the same, unchanged in timeframe and will include equivalent considerations
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance
Admire one of the most beautiful scenery in Tuscany: the glorious Val D'Orcia
Taste Nobile di Montepulciano wine, Pienza pecorino cheese, and a delicious lunch served in a dairy farm
Discover the towns of Pienza and Montepulciano