Are you planning a trip to Rome in March 2023 and wondering what activities and attractions you should add to your itinerary? Look no further! Rome is a city rich in history, culture, and delicious food, and there is no shortage of things to do. Here are some of our top recommendations for what to do in Rome in March 2023.
Explore the Colosseum and Roman Forum
No trip to Rome is complete without a visit to the iconic Colosseum and nearby Roman Forum. In March 2023, the crowds will be smaller than in peak season, giving you the opportunity to fully appreciate the impressive architecture and learn about the history of these ancient sites. Consider booking a guided tour to get the most out of your visit.
Tips for Visiting the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Buy your tickets in advance to avoid long lines
- – Wear comfortable shoes as there is a lot of walking involved
- – Bring a water bottle and snacks as food options are limited inside the sites
- – Consider visiting in the early morning or late afternoon to avoid the midday heat
Visit the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica
March is a great month to visit the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica, as the weather is mild and the crowds are smaller than in peak season. Marvel at the stunning artwork and architecture of the Vatican Museums, including the famous Sistine Chapel. Then, head to St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest church in the world, and admire its impressive dome and elaborate interior.
Tips for Visiting the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Book your tickets in advance to avoid long lines
- – Dress appropriately, covering shoulders and knees, as it is a religious site
- – Consider hiring a guide to learn about the history and significance of the artwork and architecture
- – Visit early in the morning or late afternoon to avoid the busiest times
Indulge in Italian Cuisine
No trip to Rome is complete without indulging in the delicious Italian cuisine. In March, you can enjoy seasonal specialties such as artichokes, asparagus, and strawberries. Be sure to try traditional Roman dishes such as pasta alla carbonara, cacio e pepe, and supplì (fried rice balls). And of course, don’t forget to indulge in gelato!
Tips for Indulging in Italian Cuisine
- Try local, family-owned restaurants for an authentic dining experience
- – Don’t be afraid to venture off the beaten path for hidden culinary gems
- – Sample a variety of dishes and flavors to fully experience Italian cuisine
- – Consider taking a cooking class to learn how to make your favorite Italian dishes at home
In conclusion, Rome in March 2023 offers a wide range of activities and attractions for travelers of all interests. From exploring ancient sites to indulging in delicious Italian cuisine, there is something for everyone. Book your trip now and start planning your dream Roman vacation!