Are you planning a trip to Rome on February 16th, 2019? There are plenty of things to see and do in the Eternal City on this day. From visiting iconic landmarks to exploring local neighborhoods, Rome has something for everyone. Here are some recommendations for how to spend your time in Rome.
Explore the Colosseum (H2)
No visit to Rome is complete without a trip to the Colosseum. This iconic landmark is the largest amphitheater in the world and is a symbol of ancient Rome’s power and glory. On February 16th, 2019, you can take a guided tour of the Colosseum to learn about its history and significance. You can also visit the nearby Roman Forum and Palatine Hill to see more ancient ruins.
Tips for visiting the Colosseum (H3)
- Buy your tickets online in advance to skip the long lines.
- – Wear comfortable shoes as there will be a lot of walking.
- – Bring a water bottle as there are water fountains around the site.
- – Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the stunning views.
Visit the Vatican Museums (H2)
The Vatican Museums are home to some of the world’s most famous art and artifacts. On February 16th, 2019, you can take a guided tour of the museums to see works by Michelangelo, Raphael, and other famous artists. You can also visit the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo’s famous ceiling frescoes.
Tips for visiting the Vatican Museums (H3)
- Buy your tickets online in advance to avoid the long lines.
- – Dress appropriately as there is a dress code in the Vatican Museums.
- – Don’t miss the chance to see the Sistine Chapel, but be prepared for crowds.
- – Take your time to explore the museums as there is a lot to see.
Stroll through Trastevere (H2)
Trastevere is a charming neighborhood in Rome that is known for its narrow streets, colorful buildings, and lively atmosphere. On February 16th, 2019, you can take a leisurely stroll through Trastevere to explore the local shops, restaurants, and cafes. You can also visit the beautiful Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere, one of the oldest churches in Rome.
Tips for visiting Trastevere (H3)
- Wear comfortable shoes as the streets are narrow and uneven.
- – Try some of the local food and wine at the many restaurants and cafes.
- – Visit the Piazza di Santa Maria in Trastevere to see street performers and artists.
- – Take a walk along the Tiber River to see stunning views of the city.
In conclusion, Rome is a city that offers endless possibilities for exploration and discovery. Whether you want to see ancient ruins, world-famous art, or charming neighborhoods, Rome has it all. On February 16th, 2019, you can explore the Colosseum, visit the Vatican Museums, and stroll through Trastevere to experience the best of Rome.