Are you planning a trip to Rome and wondering what to eat for breakfast? Look no further! Rome has a plethora of delicious breakfast options that will satisfy any foodie’s cravings. From sweet to savory, there is something for everyone. Here are some of the must-try breakfast dishes in Rome.
Cappuccino and Cornetto
Italians love their coffee, and Rome is no exception. Start your morning with a cappuccino and cornetto (Italian croissant). The cornetto comes in different flavors – plain, chocolate, apricot, and more. The cappuccino is made with equal parts espresso and steamed milk, topped with a layer of foam. You can find this classic breakfast at any café in Rome.
Best Places to Get Cappuccino and Cornetto
- Roscioli Caffè: Their cornetto is made with butter and filled with apricot jam. Their cappuccino is made with organic milk and has a rich, creamy texture.
- – Sant’Eustachio Il Caffè: This café is known for its exceptional coffee. Their cappuccino is made with a blend of Arabica and Robusta beans, and their cornetto is light and flaky.
- – Pasticceria Regoli: Their cornetto is made with a secret recipe that has been passed down for generations. Their cappuccino is smooth and has a hint of chocolate.
Pizza for breakfast? Yes, please! In Rome, pizza bianca (white pizza) is a popular breakfast food. It’s a simple flatbread that is baked with olive oil and salt. You can eat it plain or with toppings like mortadella or prosciutto.
Best Places to Get Pizza Bianca
- Forno Campo de’ Fiori: This bakery is famous for its pizza bianca. The crust is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. You can eat it plain or with toppings like cheese or prosciutto.
- – Antico Forno Roscioli: Their pizza bianca is made with organic flour and baked in a wood-fired oven. It’s light and airy, and the perfect breakfast to-go.
- – Pizzarium: This pizzeria offers a variety of toppings for their pizza bianca. Try it with mozzarella and cherry tomatoes for a delicious breakfast.
Maritozzo is a sweet bun that is filled with whipped cream. It’s a traditional Roman breakfast that is perfect for those with a sweet tooth.
Best Places to Get Maritozzo
- Regoli: This bakery has been making maritozzo since 1916. Their buns are soft and fluffy, and the whipped cream is sweet and creamy.
- – Roscioli Caffè: Their maritozzo is made with organic flour and filled with vanilla cream. It’s the perfect breakfast for a sweet start to your day.
- – Pasticceria De Bellis: Their maritozzo is made with a secret recipe that has been passed down for generations. The whipped cream is light and airy, and the bun is soft and fluffy.
In conclusion, Rome has a plethora of delicious breakfast options that will satisfy any foodie’s cravings. Whether you prefer sweet or savory, there is something for everyone. From cappuccino and cornetto to pizza bianca and maritozzo, these breakfast dishes are a must-try when in Rome. So, what are you waiting for? Buon appetito!